How can you experience the thrills of a new vehicle, especially one that has yet to hit the market? Why, this is where the magic of virtual reality comes in, and Jaguar has introduced the Virtual Experience digital showroom that will boast of high-resolution rendering of car models which are projected onto a display, showing off a nearly 1:1 ratio video representation of the actual ride. With the Virtual Experience, you are now able to explore the interior and exterior of the on-screen car using nothing but Minority Report inspired basic hand movements and gestures. All it takes are a few flicks of the wrist, and you will be able to open car doors, lift up the hood, check out the inside the car, and even decide which color suits your taste best. One thing it loses out on an actual vehicle in the showroom? The smell of a new car, which drives some men wild.
Debuting at the recent Paris Motor Show, the Virtual Experience showcased the new Range Rover F-Type there, and Jaguar intends to launch a similar software for users to experience the Virtual Experience digital showroom right in the comfort of their own homes. You down with that, or do you prefer to physically touch and feel something before making a purchase?
Next Story: Samsung ATIV commercials start to appear
- 2012-10-30: Jaguar unveils speedboat concept to complement its XF Sportbrake
- 2012-10-30: Jaguar Virtual Experience lets you experience unreleased vehicles
- 2012-04-25: Jaguar XJ Ultimate Edition Unveiled. Packed with Technology
- 2011-10-25: Jaguar recalls over 17,600 X-Type cars due to software glitch
- 2011-10-12: Jaguar seeking to restructure RIM
- 2011-10-11: Titan supercomputer succeeds Jaguar