The new 13-inch MacBook Pro has just been announced, where it measures a mere 0.75″ thin – shedding off 20% of its predecessor’s thickness, resulting in a net weight of just 3.5 pounds, now how about that? This is clearly the lightest MacBook Pro to date, where it will feature connectivity options such as dual USB 3.0 ports, HDMI output, an SD memory card slot, two Thunderbolt ports and MagSafe 2 support.
Its display will definitely be the talk of the day, carrying a 2560 x 1600 resolution which is four times the amount of pixels compared to its predecessor, while making it the second highest resolution computer in the world with the 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro being up there in front.
Just some figures to blow your mind, or should we say, eyes – a 29% higher contrast ratio compared to the previous MacBook Pro, 75% reduced glare at 300 nits brightness, a Facetime HD camera that does 720p recording, a custom battery layout and dual fans, up to 768MB of flash memory, 8GB RAM, a choice of Intel Core i5 or i7 Ivy Bridge processors, HD4000 graphics, Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi connectivity, you’re pretty much got everything covered.
Rumors did point towards a starting price tag of $1,699 which was spot on for the base model taht carries a 2.5GHz Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM and 128GB of flash memory. It ships today, so you might want to place an order online already. With up to 7 hours of claimed battery life, are you all shook up for the new 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro?RELATED
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow
- Jony Ive Designed (RED) Mac Pro Fetches $977,000 At Auction
- Follow: Apple Inc, Macbook Pro,