Twitter already has their own photo hosting service, so would a video hosting service be next on their list? It would not be a stretch of the imagination and according to recent rumors, that seems to be the case. This was revealed to the folks at AllThingsD by one of their sources who claims that Twitter was looking into a video hosting service of their own.
At the moment videos by YouTube and Vimeo can be linked via Twitter, although if Twitter launches their own video hosting service, there is a chance that both YouTube and Vimeo could be taking a hit. However given that YouTube is more or less the de facto video hosting service, and depending on what sort of features Twitter’s video hosting service offers, perhaps it might not have that huge of an impact after all. Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled so until then, we suggest you take this with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-16: Twitter Picks Up Gnip
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest
- 2014-04-14: US Airways Tweets Apology To Customer
- 2014-04-14: Girl Tweets Mock Threat At American Airlines, Gets Arrested