In May this year, we reported that European Diablo 3 servers sent out Error 73 and Error 37 messages to players who were trying to log in, and just a few hours earlier today, the Diablo 3 forum was flooded with folks who claimed that they could not connect to the Diablo 3 server, receiving Error 73 instead. The thread has since expanded to nearly 30 pages to date, and we do not expect it to stop right there. At press time, the Error 73 fiasco has yet to be resolved.
Just a primer for those who are not quite sure just what Error 73 is – it occurs normally after the servers are down, regardless of the reason. Diablo 3′s login servers do have a limited capacity, and assuming millions of players intend to log on to the game simultaneously, the servers are unable to bear such a heavy load. Obviously as a gamer, you can do nothing but release your frustration by doing something else.
- 2014-04-09: Diablo 3 Nephalem Rifts Cleared In Under 4 Minutes
- 2014-04-03: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Shifts 2.7 Million Copies So Far, Digital And Physical Versions Combined
- 2014-03-25: Blizzard Evaluating Diablo 3's Future After Reaper Of Souls Release
- 2014-03-25: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Is Now Live
- 2014-03-24: Diablo 3 For Xbox One Confirmed To Be In The Works