Foursquare has just updated its app for iOS devices. In an attempt to help its users find the best of places to visit, it is now adding scores to places in Explore to give users a quick sense of how popular a particular place is. The scores, ranging from 1 to 10, can be viewed next to the names of the places. Foursquare uses a wide range of metrics including tips, likes, dislikes, popularity, loyalty, local expertise, and check-ins to measure the scores.
Today’s update is Foursquare’s attempt to go beyond the conventional way of rating places. Other similar services such as Yelp use a 5-star rating system to gauge a particular store or restaurant. “Instead of other sites where every place gets 3.5 stars, we come up with our scores using the same Foursquare magic that powers Explore. And, with every check-in and Explore search, our scores will get smarter and better,” the company said. You can download the update here.
- This iWatch Concept Gives It A More Classic Look
- iPhones More Likely To Be Stolen, But Less Likely To Require Repairing [Study]
- Safety Concerns Raised Over CarPlay Feature
- Mercedes-Benz Could Offer CarPlay Installations For Older Models
- Apple 'Scrambling' To Meet FCC Deadline On In-App Purchases [Report]