We’re finally beginning to see the fruits of the recent Scalado acquisition by Nokia. Nokia has just launched a new app for the Lumia 920 and the Lumia 820. Called the PhotoBeamer, the Windows Phone 8 app is marketed as a “new innovative and easy way to show your pictures on any screen.” To use it, download and install the app and simply point the camera of your Lumia 920 or 820 to any device that can access Photobeamer’s official website at www.photobeamer.com. Once the QR code is scanned, photos will be automatically transmitted to the website and shown on the screen.
Basically, unique QR codes are generated each time the Photobeamer website is accessed. As soon as it is scanned, the app starts sending the pictures while caching them. If you own a Lumia 920 or 820, you can download the app here. “We had two main aims for PhotoBeamer: to make sharing as simple as possible. But also to make it as fast as possible,” said David Fredh, a former Scalado employee and now Lead Product Manager of Photobeamer.
Next Story: Nintendo Wii U Can Play & Stream MP4 Videos
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-01-30 Lumia Black Update Released For AT&T Lumia 920 And 820
- 2013-10-11 AT&T Rolling Out Amber Update For Nokia Lumia 820, 920
- 2013-08-05 Windows Phone GDR2 Update For Lumia 820/920 Spotted On Nokia's Servers
- 2013-08-05 Unofficial Nokia Lumia 820 And 920 Amber ROMs Available
- 2013-03-26 Windows Phone 8 Update Activates FM Radio, Double-Tap To Wake On Lumia 920