It’s been a few days since Apple released iOS 6.0.1 to the masses, but what sort of features and changes can we expect in iOS 6.1, especially with Scott Forstall’s leave from Apple? Well while it remains to be seen, it looks like Siri will be gaining a bit more functionality and according to the folks at 9to5 Mac, it seems that Siri will allow iOS users to purchase movie tickets simply by asking it to. Back when Siri was demonstrated, many were given the impression that Siri could open many doors, and examples like making restaurant bookings were demonstrated, so we guess purchasing movie tickets isn’t so farfetched.
It is not clear as to how iOS users will be given their tickets, but some speculate that Passbook could be involved. Now since there are many movie theaters involved, we expect that not all will play nicely with this alleged feature although according to the images sent to 9to5 Mac, Siri will display a ticket symbol next to listings with compatible theaters. No word on when iOS 6.1 will drop but we’ll keep our eyes peeled anyway.
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-03: Apple Acquires Novauris Technologies To Help Improve Siri
- 2014-03-05: Siri Hacked, Plays Nice With 3rd Party Apps
- 2014-03-05: Siri Could Be Opened Up To Third Party Developers
- 2014-02-24: Apple Files Lawsuit Against China's Patent Office And Chinese Company Over Siri