It looks like we’ll be seeing the Angry Birds in the big screen soon. That’s because Rovio, the creative minds behind the gaming franchise, has just announced that it has signed John Cohen as its producer for the upcoming 3D CG-animated Angry Birds movie. Additionally, Rovio also announced that ex-Marvel Studios Chairman David Maisel will be the executive producer of the feature film. Rovio will finance the film, which is expected to hit theaters in the summer of 2016.
Cohen produced the computer-animated 3D comedy film Despicable Me, and Maisel is known for producing several Marvel films including Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain America: The First Avenger. This marks as the first attempt of Rovio to enter the world of films. Rovio says that it will produce and finance the movie outside the studio system and retain full creative control while creating innovative entertainment at the highest level of quality.
Next Story: 60-kWh Tesla Model S Has 208 Mile Range
- 2014-03-12: Angry Birds Epic Is A Turn Based RPG
- 2014-03-07: Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13: Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12: Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-29: Angry Birds Website Hacked, Known As Spying Birds Instead
- 2014-01-28: Rovio Denies Allowing NSA To Spy On Users
- 2013-11-27: Angry Birds Go! In-App Purchases Rumored To Get Very Expensive