When rumors of the Apple TV started to make their rounds, many believed that it could be unveiled as soon as this year, while those skeptical claimed that a 2013 release is more likely. Now it seems that 2013 might be out of the question as according to Taiwan’s Central News Agency, word has it that Apple’s rumored TV could be making an appearance only in 2014. The report also goes on to claim that Foxconn is reportedly testing several designs of the Apple TV which has been rumored to come in various sizes ranging from 46-55”.
According to their source, they even go as far as to claim that Apple will be showing off their products at CES which is taking place next year. Considering that Apple has yet to make an appearance at CES for years, and having always chosen to launch their own products at their own events, that certainly seems a bit hard to swallow. In any case it is unclear if Apple plans to make TV sets ranging in sizes, but for now the report states that the variety of sizes will give Apple the flexibility of choosing the LCD vendors they get to work with. Either way we’ll be taking this with massive amounts of salt for now and suggest you do the same.
Next Story: These UCube speakers resemble mini iMacs
- 2014-04-06 Apple Rumored To Be Testing 65-inch Display Panels For iTV
- 2014-03-12 Apple Stepping Up Camera Efforts In Recent Job Listings
- 2014-02-11 Apple Job Listing Hints At 'New Platforms'
- 2014-02-07 Tim Cook Hints At New Product Categories
- 2013-11-13 Analyst Believes Apple Might Have Delayed iTV Launch Up To Two Years