LG’s elusive 55-inch OLED HDTV has been the subject of countless rumors and speculations. First unveiled at CES 2012, the 55-inch OLED HDTV is reported to be around 4mm thick, and weighing just 16lbs. Contrary to our previous report, it seems that the gargantuan HDTV from LG is launching soon. That’s because an LG device with the code 55EM9700-UA appeared recently in FCC’s database.
As seen in the image below, the device appears to be sporting Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modules. What’s even more interesting is the December 2012 build date, which supports the assumption, thanks to the FCC approval, that an official launch is imminent The image above also reveals its back, and even the reflection of the photographer. So, will LG launch its elusive 55-inch OLED HDTV just in time for the holidays? Any wild guesses?
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-02-11: LG Earbuds Which Tracks The Heart Rate Hits The FCC
- 2014-01-24: LG G Pad 8.3 With LTE Might Knock On Verizon’s Door
- 2014-01-06: LG + WebOS = Simpler TV? Possibly!
- 2014-01-06: LG Gallery OLED EA8800: Slim And Smart 55 HDTV
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets