The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been rumored to feature a whopping 6.3” display, which can only mean that Samsung’s flagship device, the Galaxy S3, is starting to look pretty tiny by comparison. Perhaps Samsung is looking to bridge that gap in 2013 and according to Digitimes, they are reporting that Samsung, Sony, LG, Huawei and ZTE are set to follow in HTC and Sharp’s footsteps by releasing 5” devices with Full HD 1080p displays in the first half of 2013. Samsung and LG are expected to build their own displays, while Sony is said to be sourcing theirs from JDI, a company in which Sony has a stake in.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 currently features a screen size of 4.8”, and considering that Samsung seems to have an affinity for large displays, bumping the display up to 5” for the Galaxy S4 might not be a stretch of the imagination. The Galaxy S4 will not be making an appearance at CES 2013, and the rumors are now suggesting that MWC 2013 in February would be a likely candidate. As with all rumors, it’s best taken with a grain of salt, although in this case this report seems to be consistent with earlier reports that suggest that Full HD displays are expected to arrive on our smartphone next year.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-03-20 LG G Pro 2 Priced Cheaper Than Galaxy S5 In Taiwan
- 2014-03-19 Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2012-06-21 Branded handset vendors reducing orders to component suppliers
- 2012-02-26 MWC 2012 Press Day Wrap Up
- 2012-01-23 Top 10 CES Gadgets