Earlier today we reported that come Facebook’s press event tomorrow, a Facebook phone or Facebook mobile OS could be unveiled, and considering that this is a huge press event, obviously the social networking giant has more up their sleeves. Word on the street has it that Facebook could be gearing up to launch Facebook Messenger for the iPad and will basically be the same Messenger app that is already available for the iPhone, except that it will be scaled up and optimized for the iPad. According to Alexia Tsotsis of TechCrunch, her sources have informed her that the app is ready for launch on Tuesday and that if Facebook’s press event is geared around mobile products, the announcement of the app would make a perfect fit. Considering that Facebook took some time to release its Facebook for iPad app despite the Facebook version being available for a long time, we guess it’s not surprising that there was a lag between the Messenger for iPhone launch and the Messenger for Facebook launch as well. In any case we’ll definitely have our eyes on Facebook’s press event tomorrow, so check back with us then for the details.
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-04-07: myBlee Math iPad App Is Childrens' Personal Interactive Math Tutor
- 2014-04-03: Office For iPad Downloaded Over 12 Million Times
- 2014-03-28: Office For iPad Tops The iTunes App Store Charts