Ever since the Wall Street Journal revealed Google’s intent to work with Motorola to create their “X Phone,” which they plan to have it compete with iPhone and Galaxy devices, we’ve been keeping a close eye on any news regarding the device. So far, we heard rumors the X Phone is an unbreakable Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie device expected for a July release.
We’re not hearing anything as exciting as those previous rumors today, but instead, it seems Motorola may have confirmed such a device exists through a LinkedIn job posting. The job posting at Motorola is seeking a Senior Director of Product Management for something called “X-Phone.”
Since it was stumbled onto this morning, the LinkedIn listing has since been yanked, although a similar job posting can be seen within Motorola’s jobs database, except without any mention of the “X-Phone.”
Unfortunately for us and the X Phone-curious world, the job listing doesn’t detail anything in regards to the device. For the most part, it’s a typical looking job posting you would see anywhere on LinkedIn. Although, we know whoever becomes the ideal candidate for Motorola’s listing will have quite the task ahead of them. Is Peter Moore doing anything these days?
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18 Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2013-04-25 Google X Phone With Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Spotted (Rumor)
- 2013-04-14 Motorola X Release Reportedly Pushed Back Till August
- 2013-03-26 Motorola X Phone Rumored For June/July Release
- 2013-03-15 Motorola X Phone Is Not A Single Device, Could Feature Customizable Hardware As Well [Rumor]
- 2013-02-13 Motorola X : The Next Game Changer In Smartphones (Rumor)