When Nokia announced the 808 PureView last year, many were wondering if Nokia would be launching a similar product except with Microsoft’s Windows Phone platform on board. Well if that’s what you were hoping for and the Lumia 920’s camera technology isn’t up to snuff compared to the 808 PureView, you might be in luck thanks to a rumor which suggested that Nokia could be announced a Lumia 920 with the 41MP PureView technology on board. This rumor comes from Flavio Pic who revealed that this alleged device has been given the codename Project EOS and that this handset will most likely be revealed at MWC 2013 which will be taking place towards the end of February.
Flavio also seems to be under the impression that Nokia could be launching 6 new handsets in the first half of 2013, and one of them is the rumored metal-body Lumia 920. If that is the case, current Lumia 920 owners might be feeling a little miffed that their supposedly flagship device is being replaced so soon. Either way since these are merely rumors, we will be taking them with a grain of salt and suggest you do the same, but what do you guys think?
Next Story: LG VS870 Arrives At The FCC
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-02-26: Nokia X Not Coming To The U.S.
- 2014-02-25: Samsung and Qualcomm Build World’s Fastest Galaxy Note 3
- 2013-02-24: Nokia Lumia 520 should be called Lumia Mini
- 2013-02-24: Nokia Lumia 720 With f1.9 Camera Lens
- 2013-02-15: Mysterious Nokia Lumia Device Spotted In Lumia 920 Ad