We’re sure that many of you guys are curious as to what the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be like. What sort of design language will Samsung be approaching it with, what sort of hardware, will it feature a bigger screen and etc. Now we know that Samsung is working on Full HD AMOLED displays and during CES, the company had put up several of their displays for, well, display and spotted as part of their lineup is a certain 4.99” Full HD 440 PPI display which Samsung has stated will begin shipping in Q1 of 2013. SamMobile has speculated that it is possible that this 4.99” Full HD AMOLED display could be used in the Samsung Galaxy S4 and while it might be wild speculation on SamMobile’s part, we can’t help but agree!
After all the benchmark has pretty much been set by HTC with the Droid DNA (also known as the HTC Butterfly in international markets) with its 5” Full HD display and a PPI of 440, that and the fact that the Sony Xperia Z also features a 5” Full HD display with 443 PPI, we can only imagine that Samsung would at the very least match the competition, if not beat it, with their next-gen flagship device. However like we said this is merely speculation and there has not been any evidence that Samsung could go the 5” route with the Galaxy S4, so take it with a grain of salt for now but what do you guys think? Could the Samsung Galaxy S4 feature a 4.99” Full HD AMOLED display?
[Image credit – Anandtech]
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-02-03: Samsung Galaxy S4 Trade-Ins Are Higher Than Before