[CES 2013] Here is the Samsung Series 7 Chronos, a line of laptops that Samsung intends to present next week at CES 2013. The Samsung Series 7 is aimed at the professional market, an area where Samsung says it has expended in 2012 (according to David Song, Senior Vice President of IT & Mobile Communications at Samsung Electronics) and that it wants to accelerate in 2013.
The first Samsung Series 7 laptop for 2013 is the Samsung Chronos 770Z5E, a 15.6″ laptop with a full HD (1920×1080) 10-point multi-touch display. The specifications make it a dream 15.6″ Windows 8 laptop. In terms of industrial design, Samsung has chosen a full-aluminum body to increase the durability (a key decision factor for enterprises), but this has an influence of the weight which tops 5.18lbs which is not the lightest in the 15.4″ segment, but which remains competitive in the 15.4 touch-screen segment.
But the weight itself doesn’t tell the whole story: the battery life seems very impressive with a 11hrs (based on Mobilemark’s depletion tests) and the Samsung Chronos 770Z5E has an Intel Core i7 (3635QM, 2.4GHz, 6MB Cache) and an AMD Radeon HD (8870M, 2GB) to process data and graphics. The system memory can be bumped to 16GB and the storage can go as high as 1TB (HDD). I hope that there is an SSD option at order time.
Finally, Samsung says that the laptop will be pre-loaded with RAMaccelerator, a software application that can boost web browsing and some apps by 150%, we’re assuming by using the RAM as a cache. Without independent tests, it’s hard to comment, but the idea is interesting. What do you think?
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2013-01-10: Flexible Windows Phone Prototype Spotted
- 2013-01-09: Samsung Announces 8-Core Exynos 5 Octa Mobile CPU
- 2013-01-09: Samsung Youm Flexible OLED Display
- 2013-01-07: Samsung HD DVR Surveillance System gives you high definition security footage
- 2013-01-02: Samsung Series 7 Ultra aims to go beyond Ultrabooks