Pocket-Lint has just dropped quite the bombshell – that South Korean consumer electronics giant Samsung will skip Mobile World Congress 2013 that is happening in Barcelona, Spain, next month. From what we gather, Samsung will still have a showfloor presence, but they will showcase no new products that are special to them. In a nutshell, you will not find the flagship Samsung Galaxy S4 make an appearance then, and according to whispers on the grapevine, the Galaxy S4 is tipped for a March 2013 event instead.
A March release of the Galaxy S4 would most probably allow it to be released or at least, announced in the market earlier compared to the next generation of the iPhone. From what we can tell, this is very much Samsung’s nature, and if we were to look back in time, MWC 2012 saw Samsung show off some rather mediocre or mid-range devices such as the Galaxy Beam, in addition to tablets like the Galaxy Tab 2 and Galaxy Note 10.1.
- 2014-04-21: Slew Of Samsung Devices Appear On Zauba, QHD Model One Of Them
- 2014-04-20: Samsung.com Down Because Of Samsung Building Fire
- 2014-04-20: 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-20: HTC Hires Former Samsung Marketing Guru
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-02-26: Samsung Knox 2.0: Ready For Small Businesses And Cloud Management
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-25: Samsung and Qualcomm Build World’s Fastest Galaxy Note 3
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-23: Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year