Someone needs to clue Apple CEO Tim Cook in on their new hires as just last week, they hired an OLED expert from LG, and today, Cook has spoken out against OLED displays.
During an investor conference hosted by Goldman Sachs, Cook called the color saturation on OLED displays “awful.” He continued his OLED rant by saying, “If you ever buy anything online and really want to know what the color is, as many people do, you should really think twice before you depend on the color from an OLED display.”
Of course, on the other side of the spectrum, Cook praised Apple’s Retina Display as he says it offers “superior quality” as the screen is twice as bright when compared to OLED screens.
OLED displays wasn’t the only topic within Cook’s crosshairs today as he also addressed rumors of Apple possibly creating an iPhone with a larger display, similar to the recent trend of phablet devices. Cook said he wouldn’t comment on the company’s plans, but criticized its competition as companies who focus on size and specifications can’t “create an amazing experience.”RELATED
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Typo Keyboard Is An Upcoming Keyboard Case For The iPhone
- Apple Signs iPhone Deal With China Mobile
- Follow: oled, retina display, tim cook,
- Seen at: news.cnet