As you guys probably know by now, the untethered jailbreak solution for the iPhone 5 and iOS 6.1 was released a few days and we’re sure that many iOS users out there have happily jailbroken their device. However is jailbreaking your device enough? Are you the sort of person who wants to know what exactly goes on behind the scene while their device is being jailbroken? After all to the layman, the jailbreak is a relatively straight forward process and is done with a couple of clicks of the mouse, making it seemingly easy.
Well if you’d like to know a bit more on how the evad3rs development team managed to jailbreak the iPhone 5 and iOS 6.1, evad3rs member David Wang (planetbeing) has revealed some of the tricks they used. It gets pretty technical so we won’t paste the entire interview here, but if you’re interested in learning a bit more on some of the techniques and processes used, you can read the interview in its entirety on Forbes’ website. For the less technically inclined, you can check out the jailbreak on evad3rs’ website.
- 2014-03-26: Video Shows Jailbroken iPad Triple Booting iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7
- 2014-03-23: iOS 7.1 Untethered Jailbreak Shown Off On Video
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-10: Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Not Possible
- 2014-02-05: iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Closes More Jailbreak Exploits
- 2013-03-29: iOS 7 Jailbreak May Already Be In The Works
- 2013-03-04: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Installed On Over 14 Million Devices
- 2013-02-08: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Unlocks Nearly 7 Million Devices Within Four Days
- 2013-02-06: Apple Reminds iOS Users The Dangers Of Jailbreaking Their Devices
- 2012-02-23: iOS 86 retro theme now on Cydia