For those of you who have been looking forward to the planned Microsoft Surface Pro (read our Surface Pro review) launch event tomorrow in New York City by Microsoft, we regret to inform you that the software giant has canceled the event because of an incoming snowstorm which has been forecast to deliver up to a foot of snow in the Big Apple. Originally, the event was scheduled to be held at the Best Buy retail store in the Union Square section of Manhattan, and it will kick off with an invite only reception prior to the first Surface Pro tablet going on sale at that store at the stroke of midnight. Microsoft’s leader of the Surface team, Panos Panay, tweeted that he is unable to make it to the event due to the snowstorm, and when Microsoft was contacted, it seems as though the whole event had been cancelled. This was their official response, “Surface Pro launch activities in NYC have been cancelled due to weather; our best wishes for everyone impacted by the blizzard.”RELATED
- Mystery Google Barges On A 'Hiatus'
- Google Open Gallery Paves The Way For Online Exhibitions
- LG Reveals Men Can’t Multitask Video
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Follow: Microsoft, Surface, Surface Pro,
- Seen at: neowin.net