We know that Nokia’s Lumia lineup of Windows Phone 8 devices have been doing pretty well for themselves, but are they actually able to beat out their competitors like the iPhone 5 or the Samsung Galaxy S3? While it remains to be seen stateside, it seems that as far as Nokia’s homeland of Finland is concerned, they certainly are. According to the latest rankings for one of Finland’s largest carriers, Elisa, and the country’s third largest carrier, DNA, it looks like Nokia is most certainly managing to hold its own. Surprisingly it seems that it’s not the Lumia 920 that is doing all the dominating, but rather a variety of Windows Phone devices and some of Nokia’s older range which includes the C2-01, the Nokia 113 and etc.
While the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S3 are sitting pretty high up, devices like the Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 920 have taken the top spots at least for now. Elisa’s corporate Connectivity-Business Director Jorma Niemela attributes the price range of Nokia devices as one of the reasons why the Lumia lineup is growing strongly, that and integration with Office applications and such play a role as well. If this is the case now, can we expect future Nokia devices to show off even more impressive results?
Next Story: 6 Rumored Samsung Devices Appear In Benchmarks
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-01-06: Microsoft: iPhone Outsold By Windows Phone In 24 Markets
- 2013-03-22: Nokia's CEO Throws An iPhone On TV, Promises To Replace It With A Nokia
- 2013-02-05: iPhone Overtakes Nokia For Global Mobile Internet Usage
- 2011-10-26: Toyota Touch Life system pairs with your smartphone
- 2011-08-04: Android owns over 40% of US smartphone share