Whenever articles are written that negatively portray Apple or its products, the running joke is that we should brace ourselves for Apple fanboys rushing in to defend the Cupertino company and its products. This is not a bad thing because it shows signs of customer loyalty which is always a good thing and is what most companies strive to achieve. However according to a recent Consumer Loyalty Engagement Index released by Brand Keys, it seems that Apple has fallen behind in consumer loyalty and have in fact been overtaken by their competitors – Samsung and interestingly Amazon.
According to the report, Samsung had beaten out Apple in the smartphone category, stealing first place with Apple in second, followed by LG in third with Nokia and Sony tied for fourth. Amazon on the other hand had beaten Apple in the tablet category, with Apple and Samsung tied for second place. However it is possible that consumers had chosen Amazon has their preferred brand because the company offers both regular Android tablets as well as e-readers, and since Brand Keys claims that they do not define which products go into which category, it is possible that there are still consumers out there who might be confusing tablets with e-readers.
When Venture Beat interviewed Brand Keys’ President, Robert Passikoff, he theorizes that why Apple might have fallen in consumer loyalty is because consumers are seeking higher degrees of innovation, and that Apple’s iPad mini was more of a reaction to smaller tablets like the Amazon Kindle Fire and Google Nexus 7 rather than an innovation. What do you guys make of this?
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2013-11-04: Amazon Kindles Receive Discount To Celebrate FAA's New Rules
- 2013-05-31: Watch ABC Live TV Streaming App Available For Kindle Fire, Not Google Play
- 2012-07-19: Samsung not allowed to use Steve Job's quotes on Android for upcoming trial
- 2012-06-28: Amazon Kindle Next reportedly enters the arms race with a quad-core tablet