We’ve been hearing a number of PlayStation 4 rumors over the past few months that discuss its hardware that may be stronger than the next-generation Xbox, its controller capable of touch inputs as well as its retail price.
A new PlayStation 4 rumor is circulating today from a Japanese news outlet Nikkei who is sourcing an unidentified official of Sony Computer Entertainment. The source revealed Sony isn’t focusing as much on its upcoming console’s ability to deliver amazing graphics, instead, it’s focusing more on delivering “new playing options” to its customers. In addition, Sony also has planned to make its next PlayStation a “nerve center” for home entertainment by connecting and sharing information via mobile devices.
That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t expect the PlayStation 4 to deliver impressive graphics if previous rumors of its eight-core AMD processor and additional hardware improvements turn out to be true. If what the unidentified source turns out to be true, we could expect an additional layer of interactivity with the PlayStation 4 that we may not have even considered before. Either way, we’ll be attending Sony’s February 20th event where we, and pretty much everyone else, will expect the company to unveil its PlayStation 4. And if the company doesn’t, we’ll be the first in line to pick up our pitchfork and torches.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-02-03 PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-06 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-20 This Gamer's PS4 Remains Untouched After A Tornado Destroyed His Home
- 2013-11-19 Sony's $399 PS4 Costs $381 To Build [Report]
- 2013-11-18 PS4 Blue Light Of Death Fixes Suggested By Sony