Remember the Wii Mini that was announced last November which had the majority of its worthwhile features stripped in order to keep the cost down to $99? Lucky for us U.S. consumers, the Wii Mini was only launched in Canada, but it looks like dumbed-down Wii console will be making its debut in the U.K. starting March 22.
No price has been announced for the European Wii Mini console, although $99 converts to £65, so if you’re a European who actually wants a Wii Mini, then expect it to be within that price range.
In addition to the U.K. launch of the Wii Mini, Nintendo is also announcing they’ll be adding Mario Party 8, Wii Sports Resort, Mario Power Tennis and Super Paper Mario to its Nintendo Selects software collection, which will drop the prices of each game to a budget-friendly amount.
Sales for Nintendo’s Wii U have reportedly been less than stellar after the 2012 holiday season, but if you’re seriously considering purchasing a Wii Mini, we recommend you save your money to either buy a Wii or a Wii U if you want to enjoy Wii games along with Internet-based applications like Netflix and Hulu Plus.
- 2014-02-04: Wii U Will Not Be Able To Replicate Wii's Success, Admits Nintendo
- 2013-10-25: US The Last Bastion For The Nintendo Wii As Europe Folds
- 2013-10-23: Nintendo Wii Discontinuation In Japan Won't Affect Console's Availability In U.S.
- 2013-10-20: Nintendo Wii Discontinued In Japan
- 2013-10-01: Nintendo Wii Production In Japan To Cease Soon
- 2013-10-01: Wii U Updated To Allow Off-Screen Play For Wii Games