It seems like it was literally two days ago when Sony finally unveiled its PlayStation 4 to the world, and even though its unveiling raised way more questions than answers, Sony officially made the first move to delivering their next-generation video game console. Now, all eyes are on Microsoft to play catch up and announce their next-generation Xbox, which according to a number of developers and other industry professionals, may come as soon as April.
In addition to the majority of the video game industry believing Microsoft plans on unveiling their next-generation Xbox in early April, it looks as through Ustechs, who is a platform holder who has worked with Microsoft on a number of media briefings, has registered the domain XboxEvent.com.
Both companies have normally shown off their next-generation consoles at E3, so holding media briefings outside of the show is something unique to this generation of consoles. When you consider how aggressive both companies have been with its products over the years, we can’t blame either Sony nor Microsoft for wanting to get the ball rolling on the next generation of game consoles as soon as possible.
Next Story: Red HTC One Up For Pre-Order
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2013-05-21: Xbox 720 Expected To Begin Mass Production In Q3 For Q4 Launch
- 2013-05-20: Xbox 720: Everything To Look For
- 2013-05-20: Sony Teases PS4 Hardware Prior To Next Xbox Event
- 2013-05-20: Next Xbox Event Expected To Feature IllumiRoom [Rumor]
- 2013-05-15: Microsoft Points Getting The Axe In Time For Next-Generation Xbox Release [Rumor]