Even though Nokia released its Lumia 920 this past November, the company is already thinking of its next smartphone, which is currently codenamed “Catwalk.” We previously heard the device will be very slim, but we’re hearing some more news in regards to Nokia’s next device.
Nokia’s Catwalk was shown at a special invite-only briefing at Mobile World Congress last week, with one Russian blogger by the name of Eldar Murtazin being able to not only get a sneak peek, but also have some hands-on time with the device. As a result, Murtazin believes, based on his experience with the Catwalk, Nokia is getting it ready to succeed the Lumia 920.
The Catwalk is expected to have a slim, all-aluminum body and will offer a thinner version of the Lumia 920′s PureView Phase 2 camera. Aside from that, it seems the internal specs of the Catwalk will match the Lumia 920′s specs, which already was quite a powerful Windows Phone 8 device.
One of the only gripes Murtazin and other attendees had with the Catwalk was it ran Windows Phone and not Android, which we don’t find to be as big of a deal. Considering how close Nokia and Microsoft have become lately, we don’t see any Android Nokia devices releasing for quite some time.
Next Story: Razer Edge Spotted Running Crysis 3
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2013-08-30 Nokia's HERE Auto Revealed To Be In-Dash Navigation System
- 2013-04-08 Nokia Lumia 920 Is The Best Selling Windows Phone
- 2013-03-26 Windows Phone 8 Update Activates FM Radio, Double-Tap To Wake On Lumia 920
- 2012-10-30 Windows Phone 8 SDK Released at BUILD
- 2012-09-05 Nokia special event wrap-up