Only yesterday we heard that Apple is probably going to release revamped MacPro by the end of this month. Today we’re hearing that the company might also revamp its Macbook line and release the new models in Q2, 2013. The new models are reportedly going to be released by the end of the second quarter. As always, the company itself has not commented on this, and if it is planning on refreshing the Macbook lineup, it’ll only announce when the time is right.
Digitimes is behind this rumor as well, it claims to have heard from sources in the upstream supply chain that demand for existing Macbook Pro has been below the company’s expectations as the high prices are supposedly keeping prospective customers at bay, which left the company still “digesting” its inventory in Q1. What this rumor means is that Apple is likely to announce new models of both the Macbook Pro and Macbook Air by the end of this quarter. Though it is advised that you keep the source’s track record in mind, they’ve not exactly been spot on most of the time.
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-23: 12-Inch MacBook Rumored Once Again
- 2014-03-12: Broken MacBook Pro Fixed By Being 'Cooked' In An Oven
- 2014-02-18: Apple Patent Suggests MacBooks With Touch Controls
- 2014-02-13: Apple Confirms Suppliers Do Not Use Conflict Minerals
- 2013-07-25: Four Million MacBook Sales Expected In Q4, 2013
- 2013-06-09: WWDC 2013 Announcements: Speculation And Rumor Roundup
- 2013-05-19: MacBook Air Supply Short Fall Rumored Prior To WWDC 2013
- 2013-05-01: Uncover Takes MacBook Customization To The Next Level With Laser Cut Art
- 2012-06-05: Apple rumored to refresh the majority of its Mac computers at WWDC