AT&T has announced today that it has added six additional markets to its LTE network. This latest addition brings the total number of markets, in which AT&T’s LTE service is available, up to 182. The carrier also added that it has plans to add another 77 markets by the end of summer 2013. Apart from that, seven existing markets that already have access to LTE now get expanded coverage. The new markets include Jackson, Tenn., Kalamazoo, Mo., Napa, Calif., Orangeburg, S.C., Rocky Mount-Wilson, N.C., and Santa Rosa-Petaluma, Calif.
Verizon Wireless is the clear leader in the LTE market, its network is available to almost 500 markets. AT&T is not even offering its service in even half of that number, so one can understand their frantic efforts to upgrade and expand. Verizon is expected to be done with LTE deployment in a couple of months. As far as speeds are concerned, AT&T is adamant that it offers the highest 4G LTE speeds in the country. Other carries such as T-Mobile and Sprint have been slow of the line. T-Mobile only recently announced its LTE network which is only available in seven markets as of now.
- 2014-04-23 AT&T Teases ASUS PadFone X In New Video
- 2014-04-22 AT&T Commits Millions For New Online Video Ventures
- 2014-04-21 AT&T Gigapower Looks At Expansion Into 21 New Cities
- 2014-04-17 AT&T LG G Flex Android 4.4 Update Brings Knock Code As Well
- 2014-04-16 AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-01-16 T-Mobile Sports The Second Lowest Churn Rate For Q4 2013
- 2013-08-11 Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Unite Against Texting And Driving In Documentary
- 2013-05-22 T-Mobile Drops To Fourth Place On US Consumer Satisfaction Index
- 2013-05-08 Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available At Staples
- 2013-04-30 AT&T 4G LTE Switched On In 20 New Markets