Right now Google Glass is being shipped in waves to Glass Explorers, who by the way, are not allowed to sell their units. Explorers who are using Google Glass tend to reveal new information, such as the fact that users might be able to take photos using Google Glass by simply winking. As cheesy as it may sound, it doesn’t change the fact that the device offers users the ability to take photos without even having to touch it.
A Reddit user has uncovered code in the MyGlass companion app which points towards the winking gesture for taking photos. A line in the code also reveals that users might be able to zoom in or zoom out of the browser easily, all they have to do is move two fingers together, just like they would do on a tablet. Other uncovered gestures reveal that one may be able to put Google Glass in sleep mode or wake it up by simply moving the head. All of this sounds really interesting, but if you want to try it out for yourself, Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt says you’ll have to wait until 2014.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-13: Surgeon Finds Google Glass Indispensable In His Work
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2014-04-10: Google May Allow Anyone To Buy Glass For One Day
- 2014-04-08: Google To Launch Glass For Work Program Today [Report]