Just last month, we caught a glimpse of some internal components that were allegedly for the iPhone 5S. The components were for the iPhone 5S’ home button, which we know you’ve been dying to learn more about. Unfortunately, we don’t have any more leaked images of the iPhone 5S’ home button, but we do have images of what might be the iPhone 5S’ front-facing camera module.
The leaked component images come from NoWhereElse, which the site claims the design of the front-facing camera module “differs greatly from that of the iPhone 5.” If you look at the comparison between the iPhone 5′s camera module and the iPhone 5S, you can certainly see they’ve been extended a bit. This may suggest the iPhone 5S will see a different design compared to the iPhone 5, but it could also just be Apple tweaking the layout of its innards for the iPhone 5S to make room for other hardware changes. Or, our last theory, is that this could just be an unrelated camera module that NoWhereElse dug up from a trash can somewhere. In the world of Apple rumors, anything is possible.
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2013-11-01: Boost Mobile iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Pricing Revealed
- 2013-10-25: iPhone 5s Supplies Are Now Even Shorter [Analyst]
- 2013-10-21: iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C Headed To Boost Mobile November 8
- 2013-10-20: iPhone 5s TV Ad Runs
- 2013-10-17: Apple iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Prices In France Raised