At the beginning of the year on the mad house that is known as CES in Las Vegas, Nevada, the Ubergizmo team managed to capture images of the curved OLED TV from LG, coupled with a closer look at it, naturally. Well, sometime in the middle of this month, we brought you word that the curved OLED TV from LG was about to go on sale pretty soon, and it did not take too long between that announcement and now for it to happen, as LG Electronics has just announced that they would begin to accept pre-orders for this 55” behemoth, going by the model number 55EA9800 in South Korea, where deliveries are expected to kick off from next month onwards.
Over 1,400 LG retail stores in South Korea will be up to the task of taking those orders for the premium TV, which has been slapped with a price point of approximately $13,500. This would clearly make LG stand head and shoulders above its rivals, being the first and only consumer electronics company at the moment to commercialize both the flat screen OLED TV as well as the curved OLED TV.
Next Story: Sony Xperia Tablet Z U.S. Pre-orders Begin
- 2014-04-24 LG G3 Case Gives A Hint Of What’s To Come
- 2014-04-24 LG V700 And V400 Tablets Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-02-10 LG 55 Inch OLED TV Price Slashed In Half
- 2013-08-11 Samsung Curved OLED TVs Get Cheaper
- 2013-07-22 LG Curved OLED TV Achieves THX Display Certification
- 2013-07-22 LG Sells Curved OLED TV In The US
- 2013-05-19 LG Display Shows Off Curved 55” OLED TV And 5” Plastic OLED Panels