Pandora announced in May 2012 it had surpassed 150 million registered users, and nearly a year later, the company is announcing it has added 50 million more registered listeners to reach the 200 million user milestone.
Pandora’s streaming-radio service launched back in 2005, which makes this milestone quite the accomplishment considering they’ve been at it for 8 years now. It was at their six-year mark where they reached 100 million mark, which also shows just how fast their growth has been lately as it only took two years for the company to hit an additional 100 million users.
The company also took this opportunity to reveal some more impressive stats as they announced they stream over 200 million songs just before 10am every day, streamed over 1.49 billion hours of music in March alone and have personalized the stations of their users thanks to over 25 billion thumbs. One of the last stats shows just how popular Pandora has been for mobile users as over 140 million use the service on their smartphones.
We guess this means Spotify needs to try just a little bit harder with its service to reach the popularity Pandora has been receiving over the years.RELATED
- Microsoft Store 12 Days Of Deals List Leaks Online
- AT&T Teams Up With Rogers To Offer 4G LTE Roaming In Canada
- Android Screen Mirroring To Chromecast Might Be Coming Soon
- Facebook Videos Will Now Autoplay On Mobile
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Follow: apps, pandora, streaming music,
- Seen at: blog.pandora