Samsung has been doing pretty well as of late, especially with devices like the Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note 2. With the launch of the Galaxy S4 and presumably the Galaxy Note 3 later on in the year, will Samsung be able to perform just as well as last year, if not better? Well according to Digitimes, they claim that according to their source, Samsung seems intent on breaking their previous sales record and ship a staggering 500 million devices in 2013. Granted shipped devices does not necessarily equate to sales, but Samsung must be pretty confident of themselves if they’re willing to spend the resources to manufacture half a billion devices in 2013 alone!
As it stands, it seems that one display manufacturer in China is currently shipping about 10 million panels a month for Samsung’s entry-level and mid-ranged devices, so if we were to add other manufacturers in the mix an take into account Samsung’s high end products, we guess 500 million would be feasible. What do you guys think? Will Samsung be able to break their previous record with the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note 3?
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]