The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past has always been a game fans of the Legend of Zelda series have always held a special place in their gamer heart as its story and gameplay mechanics have certainly left an impact for several years. Today, Nintendo announced it would be releasing a new Legend of Zelda game for the 3DS that is set in the same game world.
The new Legend of Zelda game for the Nintendo 3DS will be a sequel to the Super NES title and will feature some new gameplay mechanics such as Link’s ability to become a 2D drawing in order to navigate his way along walls. Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime described the 3DS sequel as a title that will “reinvigorate the flat 2D world of A Link to the Past with a sense of height and volume” and will feature “an original storyline and all new dungeons.”
The new Legend of Zelda doesn’t have an official name yet, but it’s currently called The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 in Japan and is expected to be released this holiday season.
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-06: Super Press Start Shows Off All SNES Start Screens
- 2013-11-21: New Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Trailer Highlights Accolades, Gameplay
- 2013-09-26: Toon Link Added To Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Roster
- 2013-09-16: Nintendo 'Very Aware' Of Feedback Regarding Wii U, 3DS Unified Accounts
- 2013-08-05: Nintendo 3DS Premium StreetPass Games Makes $4 Million In A Month
- 2013-07-18: Nintendo Showcasing Wii U, 3DS Games At San Diego Comic-Con