While Sony’s next-gen console, the PlayStation 4, has already been announced, many are waiting to see what Microsoft will do with their next-gen console, the rumored Xbox 720. Will it be able to outperform the PlayStation 4 in terms of hardware, and outclass it in terms of features? While we eagerly wait for Microsoft to make the official announcement, senior developer at Ubisoft, Yannis Wallat, was quoted as saying that the Xbox 720 is expected to be “similar to PS4” and will be “aligned with what Sony announced,” indicating that perhaps the Xbox 720 could share similar features and maybe even some hardware as well.
Speaking to Eurogamer, Mallat claims that the Xbox 720 is expected to be connected and social, a bit unsurprising considering that social seems to be the rage these days, not to mention we wouldn’t expect Microsoft to lose out to their competitor Sony in terms of features either. As it stands, the rumors are saying that the Xbox 720 is expected to have an always-on connection and will have features that will prevent it from playing used games, something we’re sure many used-games gamers will be upset about. In any case the announcement of the Xbox 720 is still unknown but hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.
- 2013-05-21: Xbox 720 Expected To Begin Mass Production In Q3 For Q4 Launch
- 2013-05-20: Xbox 720: Everything To Look For
- 2013-05-20: Sony Teases PS4 Hardware Prior To Next Xbox Event
- 2013-05-20: Next Xbox Event Expected To Feature IllumiRoom [Rumor]
- 2013-05-17: Microsoft Updating Xbox 360 Dashboard To Prepare For Next-Gen Xbox [Rumor]
- 2013-05-15: Microsoft Points Getting The Axe In Time For Next-Generation Xbox Release [Rumor]