Last week, we reported on an EA spokesperson saying the company currently has no games in development for the Wii U. It seems that may not be entirely true as EA’s chief financial officer is saying otherwise.
Blake Jorgensen spoke during the Stifel Nicolaus 2013 Internet, Media and Communications Conference and was asked by a conference attendee which console manufacturer would lead the next generation of video games. Jorgensen responded by saying he believes consumers, not publishers, would be the ones to decide that.
“You know, I think Nintendo’s business was more [an] extension of their last console,” Jorgensen said. “We are building titles for the Nintendo console, but not anywhere near as many as we are for PS or Xbox.”
Jeff Brown’s original claim EA wasn’t currently developing for the Wii U seemed a little outrageous to us as EA is a huge publisher that would find a way to develop for a console, even if that console wasn’t selling so great over the past several months. Pulling back on how many titles are being developed would make more sense than outright saying they won’t develop any titles for a system.
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2013-11-14: Watch All 30 Minutes Of The Latest Nintendo Direct Right Here
- 2013-11-07: Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Adds Marth To Its Roster Of Fighters
- 2013-10-30: Nintendo: Wii U Still Having A "Negative Impact" On Our Profits
- 2013-10-25: Nintendo Wii U Basic Set Gets Bundled With Skylanders Swap Force On Nov. 15