We often juggle multiple tabs or windows during our browsing sessions, and its quite easy to overlook a chat window or notification that is popping up outside of the window currently being used. Today Google has released a new beta update of Chrome browser for Windows and Chrome OS, this update brings a richer notifications experience outside the browser. Google says these notifications have been designed to be useful, engaging and beautiful. They can display formatted images and texts, and are also capable of supporting direct actions such as replying to an email from within the notification itself.
There’s also a notification center that will house all missed notifications, catching up on them require you to simply open up this center. There’s also the ability to disable notifications from any particular source, such as Gmail or Google Calendar whenever the user desires. Not only does it look good, it is definitely a useful feature. The latest Chrome beta for Windows and Chrome OS is now available for download. Google says that support for Mac as well as Linux is on the way.
Next Story: Apple WWDC 2013 Keynote Confirmed For 10th June
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-02-06 Chromebox For Meetings Set To Disrupt Enterprise Video Conferencing
- 2014-01-23 Chrome Could Soon Offer Voice Search By Default
- 2014-01-15 Chrome Mobile Finally Updated With Data Compression Feature
- 2013-12-23 HP 11 Chromebook Review
- 2013-11-12 Chrome Beta Update Helps You Find Tabs That Are Playing Audio