Tomorrow is a pretty big day in the gaming world as Microsoft is preparing to announce its next Xbox. As you would have assumed, we expect Microsoft to unveil its next Xbox, which reportedly is called Xbox Infinity, but what else could Microsoft be planning for tomorrow’s event?
One report we’re hearing is Microsoft is preparing to unveil its IllumiRoom during tomorrow’s next-generation Xbox reveal, For those that are unaware of the technology, IllumiRoom was first introduced as a concept at this year’s CES that expands what is going on inside of your HDTV to the area surrounding your television. The technology is supposed to use a combination of the Xbox Kinect as well as a projector.
In addition to the rumor of IllumiRoom making an appearance, Microsoft is also planning to scrap plans to launch a subsidized version of the next Xbox. The next-generation Xbox was rumored to launch at $500, while also giving new customers the potential to subsidize the system by spending $300 with a two-year commitment to Xbox Live Gold with monthly payments of $10. We’re not sure if that’s a deal many people would have taken advantage of, although when you consider a large number of Xbox owners subscribe to Xbox Live Gold, we could certainly see it being a viable option to those customers.
- 2014-04-08 Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08 HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07 Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31 Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20 Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2013-05-15 Microsoft Points Getting The Axe In Time For Next-Generation Xbox Release [Rumor]
- 2013-05-01 Microsoft Sends Out Invites For Pre-E3 Xbox Press Event On June 10
- 2013-05-01 Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2013-04-17 Xbox 720 Isn't Always-On; Will Be Backwards Compatible [Rumor]
- 2011-11-10 Next Xbox to be announced at CES 2012?