We’ve been hearing some rumor about a Nokia EOS camera, supposedly Nokia’s Windows Phone take on the 808 PureView. While the existence of the device remains in question, another question would be if it were true, when might we be able to see it? Well previous rumors have suggested a 2013 release, and according to the folks at Mobile Geeks, their sources have told them the same thing. According to their source, Nokia is set to launch the Nokia EOS (or whatever it is going to be called) come the second week of July, which they believe could be for the 9th of July.
Mobile Geeks goes on to “confirm” that the phone will sport a 41MP camera, much like the 808 PureView, and will take photos at a max of 34MP. It will sport a new camera user interface which will supposedly fire off DSLR-like sounds to make it sound more “authentic”. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but we’re only a couple of months away from July and seeing if this rumor pans out, so check back with us at a later date for the details.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced