With Google owning Blogspot, what does Yahoo plan to do? Well according to the rumors, word on the street has it that Yahoo might be looking to acquire Tumblr, which for the uninitiated, offers a similar blogging-style platform like Blogspot, although content on either platform is very different in nature. In any case the rumors are saying that Yahoo could be willing to pay up to a whopping $1 billion for the website. Does this purchase make any sense?
According to AdWeek, they claim that while Tumblr’s revenues from ads are “modest”, they believe that the website has positioned themselves in a way that will apparently make it ideal for brand advertising, and since the “young, cool, and creative” crowd tend to be the type of people who use Tumblr, it could very well fill a gap that Yahoo has yet to fill themselves. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but Tumblr users, what do you guys think about a possible acquisition by Yahoo?
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-30: Yahoo Poaching YouTube Stars, Working On Rival [Report]
- 2014-03-24: Yahoo Screen Now On Roku
- 2014-01-14: Tumblr Now Lets Users Mention And Link To Other Users In Posts
- 2013-05-30: Tumblr Brings In-Stream Ads To Its Website
- 2013-05-21: Yahoo Will Not Restrict Tumblr's NSFW Content Post-Acquisition
- 2013-05-20: Are Tumblr Users Defecting To WordPress?
- 2013-05-20: Yahoo To Officially Acquire Tumblr For $1.1 Billion