We’ve been keeping an eye on the console version of Diablo 3 ever since it was first announced during Sony’s PlayStation 4 global reveal event. Nearly four months after its unveiling, Activision Blizzard is announcing the console version of Diablo 3 will be made available on September 3.
Even though Diablo 3 was announced during Sony’s PlayStation 4 event, today’s announcement is for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game, the latter of which was never really officially announced until today. The current console generation version of Diablo 3 will feature an experience the company is describing as “custom-tailored for gamepad-driven action.” This custom-tailored version will feature a new dynamic camera system, a revamped UI and an “intuitive” control scheme which should help Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 players feel comfortable while playing.
Diablo 3 for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 will feature many of the additional content and bug fixes that has already been made available to the PC version of the game. As for the PlayStation 4 and the assumed Xbox One version of the game, Activision Blizzard isn’t disclosing any information regarding those at this time, but we’re sure we’ll hear something about them in the coming months.
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2013-05-01: Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2013-04-26: XCOM FPS Becomes 'The Bureau: XCOM Declassified'; Releasing August 20
- 2013-04-25: Skyrim Legendary Edition Coming June 4 To PC, Xbox 360, PS3
- 2013-04-12: Rayman Legends Delay Resulted In 30 New Levels, New Boss Battles
- 2013-04-09: Batman: Arkham Origins Coming October 25 For PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U