Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg met with Samsung President Shin Jong Kyun, according to Bloomberg, and discussed possible partnerships with between the world’s biggest social network and one of the world’s biggest smartphone vendor. They also discussed the state of IT industry, Zuckerberg left without answering any questions, while Shin reportedly answered some outside Samsung’s offices in South Korea. Facebook has also not released any official comment regarding Zuckerberg’s meeting with Samsung.
One of the partnerships that both of them discussed reportedly includes boosting ad sales for Facebook from mobile devices, Samsung is in a good position to deliver on that, considering that it sells a phenomenal number of smartphones and tablets around the globe. Zuckerberg also met President of South Korea Park Geun Hye for half an hour, in which he discussed possibilities related to promoting technology startups in the country. Will it be too soon to speculate that perhaps Facebook might also partner with Samsung to create the next generation ‘Facebook Phone?’ Its current endeavor with HTC has flopped, maybe its looking to rope in Samsung? We can’t say for sure, its pure speculation.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-03-09: Facebook F8 2014 Is On April 30th
- 2013-08-18: 'IT Expert' Discovers Exploit, Posts On Mark Zuckerberg's Wall After Facebook Doesn't Pay Heed
- 2013-04-08: Facebook Now Lets British Users Message Celebrities For A Charge
- 2012-07-26: Facebook CEO kicks off company's first earnings conference call
- 2012-07-24: Facebook CEO gets his first patent on privacy