Today Nokia has sent out invites to the media for an event on 11th July in New York City. The invite itself doesn’t say if they’re launching a new smartphone or a phablet, only points towards zoom being “reinvented”. Perhaps this is subtle hint that a new smartphone with an impressive camera is going to be announced? Well, it has been rumored that Nokia is working on a new smartphone with a 41 megapixel camera, maybe the Finnish manufacturer is going to announce it after all?
Currently known as the Nokia EOS smartphone, this particular device is said to tout a 41 megapixel camera with optical zoom capabilities. Optical image stabilization, Xenon flash with LED focus light are reportedly on board as well. Quite a few alleged pictures of the EOS have been leaked over the past few weeks, it looks quite similar to Lumia 920 from the front. Various casing leaks hint that this smartphone might be launched in multiple colors. Nokia’s Lumia range of smartphones is available in multiple colors, so this seems quite possible. This is just speculation nonetheless, we’ll only know for sure what Nokia is announcing come 11th July. We’ll be there, so come back to Ubergizmo then.
Next Story: Robot Milks Cows On Farm
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2013-06-26: "Nokia Zoom" Trademarked Prior To EOS Launch
- 2013-06-25: Nokia Lumia 1020 Reportedly The Moniker Of EOS Smartphone
- 2013-06-19: EOS 41MP Smartphone Confirmed By Nokia
- 2013-06-19: Alleged Nokia EOS White Polycarbonate Shell Pictured
- 2013-06-17: Nokia EOS Smartphone Allegedly Passes Through The FCC