Pandora has reached some amazing milestones over the years, recently announcing they had reached 200 million users back in April. As well known as the streaming-music service is known for being able to kick out personalized radio stations to users, the company’s ability to offer its service to vehicles still hasn’t reached as many users. This is even more evident today as the company is announcing 2.5 million users are using Pandora in their vehicles.
As of now, only 23 automobile brands and eight car-stereo manufacturers offer Pandora’s streaming-music service directly inside of a vehicle, which is way more convenient than having to fumble with your mobile device to interact with the service. Later this year, Pandora says it will become available in over 100 vehicle models, which will no doubt raise its 2.5 million to an even higher number. Once Pandora is able to secure its application in these vehicles, the company will have secured itself to be made available in one-third of all new vehicles sold in the U.S. this year.
Next Story: SDK For Agent Smartwatch Released
- 2014-03-24: Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-19: Pandora To Increase Monthly Subscription Fees Starting In May
- 2014-03-03: Pandora Confirms No CarPlay Support For Now
- 2014-01-15: Pandora iOS And Android Apps Now Offer Personalized Recommendations
- 2014-01-06: Pandora In-Car Radio Ads Launch This Month