We already know the long-awaited sequel to Plants vs. Zombies was expected to be released this July, but today, PopCap has finally announced exactly when and where we can get our hands on Plants vs. Zombies 2.
Plants vs. Zombies 2 will be making its way to iOS on July 18, and only iOS at this point as the game will be completely exclusive to the platform for the time being. Best of all, the game won’t cost you a dime as it’s being launched as a free-to-play title, although, on the other side of the spectrum, you can expect there to be some portions of the game that will require some in-app purchases.
PopCap does say the “vast majority” of Plants vs. Zombies 2 will be entirely free to play, although we would certainly pay an up-front price to be given full access to the game since we know we’re going to want to play the hell out of it when it’s released.
In addition to today’s announcement, PopCap has also launched a new trailer for Plants vs. Zombies 2, which we’re sure will get you even more pumped up for the game after you watch it.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-03: Next-Gen iOS Devices May Have Faster, Power Efficient LPDDR4 DRAM
- 2013-11-27: Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Headed To PS4, Xbox 360 [Rumor]
- 2013-10-03: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 On Android To 'Launch Shortly' Globally
- 2013-09-25: EA Denies Apple Paid Them 'Truckload Of Money' For Temporary Plants vs Zombies 2 iOS Exclusivity
- 2013-09-02: Plants Vs Zombies 2 Achieves 25 Million Download Milestone
- 2013-08-15: Plants vs. Zombies 2 Now Available On iOS