We already know the long-awaited sequel to Plants vs. Zombies was expected to be released this July, but today, PopCap has finally announced exactly when and where we can get our hands on Plants vs. Zombies 2.
Plants vs. Zombies 2 will be making its way to iOS on July 18, and only iOS at this point as the game will be completely exclusive to the platform for the time being. Best of all, the game won’t cost you a dime as it’s being launched as a free-to-play title, although, on the other side of the spectrum, you can expect there to be some portions of the game that will require some in-app purchases.
PopCap does say the “vast majority” of Plants vs. Zombies 2 will be entirely free to play, although we would certainly pay an up-front price to be given full access to the game since we know we’re going to want to play the hell out of it when it’s released.
In addition to today’s announcement, PopCap has also launched a new trailer for Plants vs. Zombies 2, which we’re sure will get you even more pumped up for the game after you watch it.RELATED
- Infinity Blade III Launching On iOS September 18 For $6.99
- Angry Birds Updated To Include New Levels, Powers, Traveling Pigs
- Limbo Now Available On iOS For $4.99
- iOS Game Spending Outpaces Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita In Q1 2013
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Coming To iOS This Summer
- Follow: ea, iOS, plants vs. zombies, popcap games,
- Seen at: popcap.mediaroom