Analysts believed at the time of Galaxy S4′s launch that Samsung’s next flagship smartphone will have radically different design language, that it will not follow the design paradigm it has for quite some time now. A number of manufacturers have moved to metal chassis for their devices, HTC One is the prime example, its design has been praised by many and the device itself is doing very well in the market. Rumor has it that Samsung Galaxy S5 will have a chassis fashioned out of aluminium as the company enters its “Design 3.0″ phase.
Samsung’s Galaxy line of smartphones has performed very well in the worldwide smartphone market. The current flagship, Galaxy S4, has become the fastest selling Android smartphone. Surely the company wants to keep this momentum going, switching to aluminium from the plastic they currently use will be a big change, and perhaps one that will resonate well with customers. Nevertheless, this bit about Galaxy S5 being made out of aluminium has come from an alleged insider at Samsung. We can’t really be sure until Samsung makes an official announcement, which won’t happen until next year.
Next Story: WNBA Jumps On The Referee Camera Bandwagon
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2013-06-26: Galaxy S4, HTC One Google Edition Available Today [Update]
- 2013-06-26: Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One Google Edition
- 2013-05-10: Facebook Home Updated With HTC One And Samsung Galaxy S4 Support
- 2013-05-01: Watch How HTC One Is Fashioned Out Of Pure Metal
- 2013-04-28: Samsung Galaxy S4 Teardown Confirms It Is Easier To Repair