Not a day goes by when we don’t hear rumors about Apple’s upcoming iPhones. Right now it is believed that September would bring not one, but two different iPhone models. Foxconn, one of the biggest manufacturers working for Apple, is reportedly looking to hire 90,000 new workers as Apple is set to ramp up mass production of its next generation iPhone. What about the other iPhone, the much rumored iPhone Lite? It is believed that Pegatron is producing that particular model, it recently hired 40,000 new workers which many believe will work on iPhone Lite mass production.
These 90,000 new hires are reportedly being made at Foxconn’s Shenzhen facility. The report comes from Focus Taiwan, which claims that Foxconn is gearing up to fulfill “massive orders” of the iPhone 5S that Apple is going to place. Recently it had been rumored that production issues are likely to push back the release of iPhone 5S. For now, it is believed that iPhone 5S supplies will be constrained at launch due to the fact that its alleged fingerprint sensor is causing problems in mass production. As per recent rumors, Apple’s 2013 iPhone event might take place on September 6th.
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-01-14: China Mobile Reportedly Has Over 1 Million iPhone 5s Units At Launch
- 2013-11-27: Foxconn Tasks 300,000 Workers With Production Of Half A Million iPhone 5s Daily
- 2013-07-29: Apple Supplier Accused Of Worker Abuse In China
- 2013-05-30: Low-Budget iPhone Could Be Assembled By Pegatron Instead Of Foxconn
- 2013-04-15: Foxconn Hiring New Employees To Build The iPhone 5S