Let’s face it, while the MacBook Air is certainly a decent computer that is fast and portable, it can hardly be called a gaming machine. In fact running Diablo 3 on it saw temperatures on my computer shoot up to 90C! Well at the same when there’s a will, there’s a way, right? It seems that one particular MacBook Air owner decided to see if it would be possible to turn his computer into a gaming rig of sorts, and thanks to a bit of tinker and a somewhat complex setup, he managed to hook a high-end graphics card to the computer!
Of course this setup required him to run Windows on Boot Camp due to the graphic card driver requirements, but apart from that it seems that he managed to get the whole thing running. Due to the entire setup being plugged into the Thunderbolt port on his MacBook Air, it is pretty easy to remove which makes it ideal for taking with you on the go, not to mention the open setup should help cool down the GPU pretty well. In any case if you’d like to learn how he set it up and what his results were, head on over to the forums for the details, or check out the video above to see it in action.
- SimCity Headed To Mac On June 11; Will Be Free For PC Owners
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Arriving On Mac 22nd February
- Lord of the Rings Online finally gets a Mac client
- Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition makes its way onto Mac in November
- Blizzard to optimize Diablo 3 further for the Retina Display MacBook Pros