On July 11th Nokia unveiled its much rumored EOS smartphone, which is now known as the Nokia Lumia 1020. It was revealed at the announcement that Lumia 1020 will be exclusive to AT&T. Starting today, you can pre-order the device from AT&T, which begins shipping on July 23rd. With a two year contract, the device costs $299.99. An SIM-free unlocked version is also being sold by retailers for as much as $735. Pre-orders have begun precisely on the date that AT&T had said they would.
Even on contract the price tag of Lumia 1020 makes it the most expensive Windows Phone 8 device available in the U.S. right now. AT&T lists the unlocked variant for $659.99. The device comes with three color options, black, white and yellow. One of the biggest features of this device is the 41 megapixel rear camera that is aided by Xenon flash, six physical lenses and optical image stabilization. Apart from that, the Lumia 1020 has a 1.5GHz dualcore processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage and a 2,000 mAh battery. Shipping is currently on track for July 23rd, so now is your time to put in the order if you’re interested in Nokia’s latest flagship.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2013-12-19: More On Black Update For AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020, Lumia 1520 Gets New Firmware Too
- 2013-09-05: Nokia Lumia 1020 One Of The Top 3 Selling Smartphones On AT&T, According To Analyst
- 2013-07-25: AT&T Begins To Sell Nokia Lumia 1020
- 2013-07-17: Nokia Lumia 1020 Pre-Order On AT&T Sold Out
- 2013-07-11: AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 Video Ads Leak