With all the higher-end Nokia Lumia phones announced recently, like the Lumia 925, Lumia 928, and the recently announced Lumia 1020, we guess it can’t be helped that older Nokia devices have fallen by the wayside or there hasn’t been much attention paid to them as of late. Well if you’re the owner of the T-Mobile exclusive Lumia 810, which is essentially a slightly blocky version of the 820, you’re in luck because according to WPCentral, it seems that T-Mobile is currently testing the GDR2 update on the device. Given that the Lumia 810 has been discontinued, we guess you guys can’t be blamed if you were a little worried about future support for the device, especially since it is a carrier-exclusive handset as well.
Of course by testing the update, it does not necessarily mean that T-Mobile will push it out to the masses. For example after testing they could conclude that the update might not be the best solution for the phone as it could hinder the experience, similar to how BlackBerry had initially planned for BB10 to be pushed out to the Playbook, but changed their minds later as they found it was not an optimal experience. However we guess the upside is that at least they are considering it, so we guess we will just have to wait and see if T-Mobile/Nokia have any announcements to make regarding the GDR2 update for the Lumia 810.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-02-13: T-Mobile To End Nokia Lumia 810 Updates
- 2013-10-31: T-Mobile Won't Offer Nokia's Latest Devices [Rumor]
- 2013-07-26: MetroPCS Adds Nokia Lumia 521, LG Optimus F3 While Expanding Coverage
- 2013-07-01: Nokia RM-892 Spotted At FCC, Possibly T-Mobile's Lumia 925